Taxonomy and Indexing
The AIRS/211 LA County Taxonomy sets a standard for defining services and for indexing and accessing the wide variety of human services available in communities across North America.
Correctly used, it can facilitate retrieval of resource information, increase the reliability of planning and report data, make evaluation processes consistent and dependable, and make possible the national aggregation and comparison of data. But it takes some work and uniformity to get there.
Indexing is an applied art– one in which our Associates are well versed. We can assist your organization by:
- Consistently applying taxonomy to services database-wide
- Cleaning up any double-indexing
- Indexing new services and programs
- Creating a new or simplifying an existing Web Category System
- Converting from a keyword search system to the AIRS/211 LA County taxonomy
Fill out the form to the right to put us to work for you!